The automotive insurance you choose to cover your vehicles and drivers can have serious impact on your bottom line. You need the proper insurance for your business whether you have a single delivery truck for your bakery or a fleet of vehicles for your rental car company.
Your vehicles and employees need protection from reliable and trusted insurance partners. We analyze your business to determine where you’ll get the best coverage from our network of reputable and reliable insurers.
What should I look for in an insurance policy?
A good automotive business insurance policy should cover these 5 areas if one of your vehicles is involved in an accident, particularly there is bodily injury, death, or property damage.
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage: Helps cover payments for damages due to bodily injury to others caused by one of your vehicles. It also helps pay for your defense if you are sued.
- Property Damage Liability Coverage: Provides coverage for damage to the property of others caused by your vehicle. Can help pay for your defense and court costs as well.
- Personal Injury/Medical Payments Coverage: Provides coverage for the driver and passengers in your vehicle who are injured in an accident.
- Collision Coverage: Helps pay for damage to your vehicle caused by hitting another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Provides coverage in the case of theft, vandalism, hail and other damages not caused by a collision.
What if my employees use personal cars for my business?
Remember, you are the business owner. If your employee is involved in an accident while on duty, you can still be liable. To protect you and your company, make sure your employees are covered under an ENOL (employer non-owned liability) policy. This helps protect your company from being sued in these situations.
Get the Advice you Deserve
The agents at Herrmann Insurance Agencies can help you decide what deductible to choose and the types of coverage that fit your business.
Contact our Agents
If you have any questions about our services or would like a quote, please contact our Rapid City or Sioux Falls office. Protecting your business is a big deal. We look forward to helping you.