Business Auto Insurance
Whether you own a bakery with a single delivery truck or a large company with a fleet of vehicles, the insurance you choose to cover your commercial vehicles and drivers can make a big difference on your bottom line.
Herrmann Agencies in Rapid City, SD has many different coverage options for you to choose from. That is why we are proud to help business owners find insurance coverage that minimizes the financial impact of auto accidents and injuries. We connect you with the nation’s most reputable and reliable insurers so you can be sure your company is secure on the road.
Here are some things to look for in a business auto insurance policy. A good commercial auto policy will cover you in the event that one of your vehicles is involved in an accident that causes bodily injury, death and/or property damage. There are many different types of coverage to consider, including:
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage: Pays for damages due to bodily injury to others caused by one of your vehicles. It also pays for your defense if you are sued.
- Property Damage Liability Coverage: Covers damage to the property of others caused by your vehicle. Pays for your defense and court costs as well.
- Personal Injury/Medical Payments Coverage: Covers the driver and passengers in your vehicle who are injured in an accident.
- Collision Coverage: Pays for damage to your vehicle caused by hitting another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Covers theft, vandalism and other damages not caused by a collision.
What if my employees use their own cars for business purposes? If your employee injures someone while driving his or her own vehicle for business purposes, you can be held liable as the business owner. If any of your employees even occasionally use their own cars for your company, you should consider obtaining ENOL coverage. ENOL means “employer non-owned liability,” and it protects you in the event that your employee injures someone while driving their own car and your company gets sued.
Get the Advice you Deserve
The agents at Herrmann Insurance Agencies can help you decide what deductible to choose and the types of coverage that fit your business.
Contact our Agents
If you have any questions about our services or would like a quote, please contact our Rapid City office. Protecting your business is a big deal. We look forward to helping you.